Thursday, November 24, 2011

Should me and my husband buy a house with my mum?

My self and my husband are really keen to buy our own home however we have no money for a deposit. My mother does have some money but could not support herself without it. We have seen a three story house for sale and were thinking of giving my mum the top floor (2 rooms and a bathroom) and we have the rest of the house (sharing the kitchen) living lives separetly but under the same roof. It makes economic sense but is it a good idea? Anyone else in this position?|||I was and chose NO. Unless children are involved it was a bad idea as we all conflicted dramatically. It can differ with your situation but just remember: that is not a choice you can take back.|||I would push on your realtor to find you a slightly better option. In the pricey Vancouver market, this is a frequent problem that people do run into - so, builders have adapted. For instance, I was in a townhouse this past weekend that would work perfectly for you - it had 2 bedrooms upstairs and a separate (legal and licensed) first level 1 bedroom suite. Pricing - wise, the fact that it was a townhouse meant that you are still ahead of houses in the neighbourhood.|||It's all up to you. Depends on what type of relationship you have with your mother, and what type of relationship your husband has with her. Theres lots of things you need to think about before doing it. Just make sure everyone is on the same page before going ahead with it.|||Bad idea. There goes your privacy.|||dont do it|||i wouldn't lol but thats just me

No comments:

Post a Comment