Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do we put my husband's house into both of our names?

My husband and I purchased a house shortly before we were married. He was told at the time that it would be less hassle to just put it in his name and assured me that we would put it in both of our names when things were less crazy. (Our wedding was a month away and my father had just passed away) But now its a year later, and we aren't sure how to do it. Any suggestions?|||In Michigan you contact the county deeds office....Not sure about your state...I just googled "oakland county deeds" and it came up...





http://www.oakgov.com/clerkrod/registero鈥?/a>





You have to bring your title and id and fill out a document. And pay about $10...





But I am not sure how it works in your state but it could be the same...|||Contact the government agency in your area that deals with house and land registry. They will advise you of the necessary procedure.|||Yes mam it is a simple process but not very simple.Because you have to take advice from a lawyer He can easilly suggest you the simple method to do that But your husband must be agrre to do that|||Call a title company or an attorney in US and they will draw up the correct papers.|||that's BS, I bought my house when I was engaged and both our names are on it. no one ever suggested otherwise. you'll have to contact your closing attorney and find out what the fees are for them to file a new deed or something with the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment