Thursday, November 24, 2011

Is it legal for me to enter a joint owned house with Me&husband?

I left my husband in our marital home 6 months ago and today I was told by a police officer and my divorce lawyer that it was ok to go and get a locksmith and go in the house and see if there were UPS and Fedex Packages in the house of mine. I did it and now am questioning myself, the police officer and the lawyer if this was legal to do.|||If your name is still on the mortgage, it's still half yours, unless there was an order in court that says you can't go on the property.|||Because you legally own half the property you are legally entitled to enter the property whether your husband likes it or not.





In the future I would have packages and mail forwarded to your current address or to a po box.|||Its perfectly legal, its your home too. The only way you could be stopped was if he had a restraining order against you or vice versa. Even then you could go with a police officer.|||You can do it..He had no right to change the locks on you without giving you a key..Don't feel guilty you still own half of the house

No comments:

Post a Comment