Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SAHM: What does your working husband do to help you out around the house?

If your a stay at home mom, and your husband works, what chores does he do to help you out around the house?





Just curious how other house-hold's run.





My husband mowe's the lawn, take out the trash (when he remembers,) and that is basically it LOL.|||I am mostly a work at home mom, I go to work like 5 hours a week. But daddy does the dishes, trash, lawn, snow and leaf removal, and vacuumms basement once a week. Everything else I do, but he would help if I needed it. Most other things I would rather do myself, so that I know they are done right. |||My husband is so, so helpful - he cleans the kitchen and does all the dinner dishes after dinner. He does the trash, lawn, all outside work.





I am a stay at home mom that also does home daycare and works a job at night.





He is an amazing husband that does whatever he can to help me but I also do everything I can to make sure he doesn't have to do a lot. |||my husband does yard work ,the trash, and the garage. also one day a week he lets me sleep in and makes breakfast and dinner sometimes. He isn't always around a lot due to being in the military but he helps a lot when he is here. also when he goes away for awhile he asks some of his friends to come over and mow the lawn and stuff. But i try to do most of the housework with the kids because he goes to work all day i think of running the house as my job.|||I know how fortunate I am to have such a supportive %26amp; HELPFUL hubby! My husband will do pretty much anything I ask of him. He likes the house neat %26amp; knows sometimes I am busy so if I fall behind he helps out. He will usually put the girls down one night/week and get up with them one weekend day so I can sleep. He takes our daughter to school once a week and makes dinner on the weekends. He will help fold laundry if I need it and he will do the dishes when I ask. He also bathes the girls once a week. In addtion to all this he mows the lawn and does house maintenance. I help him with outside jobs (sweeping, raking leaves, weeding) just like he helps me. He doesn't like to mop or clean the bathrooms but will if I need his help. We are a team and work together to get things done.|||i am a sahm,,and my husband is in the military so right now he isnt doing anything (here at home in way of chores) as he is deployed. when he is home he will do anything i ask. he has done laundry, dishes, trash, yard work, sweeping, helps make the bed etc. i am VERY lucky to have such a wonderful husband. usually i do most of the work as he usually works midnights and is in bed. i dont mind and usually enjoy doing it. there are times when i need help and i just have to ask.|||Right now - nothing.


We are building a new house which happens to be right in front of where we are currently living - a house trailer. So he gets home at 5:00. Plays with Emma while I make or finish making supper. We all eat and he goes outside to work on the house.


Normally - he takes out the trash, he mows the lawn, he will occassionally clean up supper or put the dishes away. Mainly he takes care of the outside (we live on a farm) and I take care of the inside. Neither one of us are lazy types of ppl and if he sat around watching me do everything when he got home from work, things would not sit well in our house.... :)|||you are lucky he does that much


many new husbands are so stressed that they think the wife should do it all


Your job is to run the house his job is to make the money


I know you are tired but he is doing his part you do yours


I will have you know that I had a totally active 4 year old and was 9 months pregnant mowing the lawn when I went into labor


my husband does the man stuff as he calls it he will repair the car and broken things around the house and does the yard work most of the time but he is usually to tired to take out the trash or change a diaper


It will get better when the kids are older





now all the kids are grown up with kids of there own and we both work out of the home and I make almost as much money as he does


he will load the dishwasher clean the bathroom and take out the trash without being asked so it will get better trust me.|||Mowing the lawn is pretty much the only thing he'll do on his own, but he'll do other chores if I ask him to. He does the dishes a few times a week and will fold and put away laundry. Mostly, he usually just entertains the kids by taking them to the park or something so I can get some serious cleaning done, which I prefer anyway.|||Just so you won't feel alone, mine basically help kids with homework when I ask him to. Takes out trash when I ask him, he don't remember when the garbage truck come. Sometimes when the kids ask him for breakfast, he'll take the bowl out for them. That's it. No lawn, he rather pay someone to do that, he said he's alergic to grass, and pollen (yeah right). |||seems i'm extreemly nieve about my hubby. i've been put on bed rest and almost had a coronary when i found him doing the dishes and putting on the washing. i didn't think he knew how to work the washing machine. He has always cooked for us though as he used to be a chef and it is easier to let him cook than for me to cook and have it critisized for not adding this ingredient or not enough of something. He had to take a week off last week as i've been not well and we have 2 other children who needed him home to care for them. they're still alive so he must have done the right thing. lol. After 11 years i'm still learning his capabilities as a husband and dad.|||In addition to all the "man" jobs like trash %26amp; the lawn my husband will take over watching our 4 month old for a couple of hours a day because there are some thing you just can't take care of with an infant around. If I'm stressed out he will pretty muck take over because he knows I only ask for help when I really need it. I take care of the laundry %26amp; heavy cleaning but I ask all the members of my household to put things back where they belong, this makes things run a lot smoother.|||Wow, after reading these answers I sure appreciate my husband a lot more!


When he's home, he washes and prepares his own uniform (he's a firefighter). He will put laundry on if the hampers are full. He empties the dishwasher (I hate this job!) and he bathes the kids. He takes out the garbage, he looks after the yard and the pool. He also looks after the snow in the driveway (except if he's at work and it's storming). He helps to prepare meals and he helps to clean up. He takes our boys to the school bus and he picks them up. He will do the shopping if I am too busy. Basically if it needs to be done, he'll do it. We both know what needs to be done and we just do it. We realize that if it gets done, we might have some time to spend together.|||Well, when I was pregnant my husband would take out the cat litter, do laundry (I still yell at him for doing laundry because, he don't wash them the right way. whites with whites and dark with darks.), ummmm he fed the dogs and cats and me, lol, he did a lot of chores around the house, I just told him I want to do the dishes. So they actually get done! lol|||I am a husband and I do yard work. And I help out with house work when my wife gets stressed out. Which is more often than not. I help cook and do dishes. I also do bath time with my daughter and usually do story time at night also. trash is also a daddy chore. |||The only thing he does around the house is make another mess for me to clean up! HE has a hunting pack of dogs, and it is HIS job to care for them all. I step up to the plate when he is out of town hunting.





Other than that, the only things he does are for HIM, and NOBODY else! |||Mine mow's the lawn, takes out the trash, changes the cat box, and does the dishes. I do about 90% of the child care, he changes the occasional diaper but that's about it.|||He mows the lawn after he gets tired of me nagging him about it. When the lightbulbs in the cathedral ceiling blow out he gets the ladder out and changes those lightbulbs.





Thats about it.


|||Nothing!|||absolutely nothing...ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment