Thursday, November 24, 2011

Can a husband and wife put both names on a house when only using husbands credit?

my husband and i are going to purchase a house. i do not work and do not want my credit checked (not so good) we will use his credit and his income. my question is am i allowed to have my name on the house with his, without having my credit checked?|||absolutely. There are two parts to a mortgage transaction, the note and the mortgage. What your speaking of is having your husband apply only, meaning he is only financially responsible for the note, or repayment of the loan. Both you and your husband can go into title to the property and both of you would sign the mortgage, right to cancel, name affidavits, and supplemental title affidavits, you would not be financially responsible for the loan. Thus if you do not apply for the loan, your credit does not get checked and you don't sign the note|||probably yes, I am sure that somehow if you choose to re-finance it would be a detriment though. so check all the Pros and cons with a professional and not yahoo answers for a lifetime financial decision|||Absolutley!!! My name is on the title of the house but my husbands name was on the mortgage.





I have very bad credit and couldnt be put on the loan but wanted to be on the title, since we were married it was legal..





Good luck|||A sale of real estate where the buyer is obtaining a mortgage to finance part of the purchase price is basically two transactions: a loan closing and a deed transfer. The loan closing is a separate transaction from the deed transfer. So yes you could be on the house and not be on the mortgage, but in some areas you will have to sign paperwork to the effect that you are aware of the mortgage lien on the property.|||my mom and dad were in the same predicament, and they just used my dads name.......not unless they just use you as a co-signer maybe. i know on my mortgage i am the co-signer but it was too long ago, i dont remember if they did a credit check on me, you might want to ask the realtor, they can probably help better|||You need to get the loan secured without your (not so good) credit, or your interest rate will probly reflect your credit too. If you want to be put on the title, wait until he has purchased it, then at a later date, you can be added, no rush.|||theprett is right.





I did the same thing. I wasn't working at the time so we only used DH for mortgage and joint for the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment