Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Can I change the locks on my house once my husband moves out?

The problem is that he still visits the kids every other weekend and he REFUSES to have them visit at his one bedroom apt. He insists that he comes and stays the weekend at our house. We are filing for divorce but I don't have enough $$ for the attorney yet to file the paperwork so I am stuck in limbo. I've spoken to a few but it's 125 every time. I really want to boot him out but can I do it without a fallout?|||Only if your name, and your name ONLY is on the lease / mortgage agreement.|||what state do you live in? would be helpful...and secondly you don't need money to get a divorce or set custody issues or child support....once he moves out you can actually file for child support and the state will withdraw the money for him...secondly once he moves out he doesn't not live at that address you need to change your locks...if he loses a marble one day he will be able to just come in and slit your throat!...i would totally change my locks just for fear of that reason alone!...email me and make sure that you give me your email address so i can write you back and help you do all what you need to do (for free)..and no i don't charge and am not a lawyer...hope to hear from you! good luck!|||If his name is on the lease no you may not change the locks under any circumstances. He must be evicted.... Go to a court house and ask for aid. There are attourneys there that will help you for free or discounted rates according to income! You can also get a fee waiver for filing paper work.|||Why are you letting him have visitation in your home? When you remarry, don't you think that'll be a bit uncomfortable? You can insist just like he can. He's manipulating you and you are allowing it. Tell him visitation is his deal, at his house. Then the locks won't matter.|||My now ex husband did that to me, I gain access by getting a new key through a court order..the house was in my name as well as his..I would consult a lawyer before doing anything..the judge told him I have a right to access my own house whether or not I lived there..my name was on the deed.|||Actually if you can PROVE that he has a new residence, and no longer lives at your address, you can change the locks. You couldn't if he was still technically living there.|||Sure you can change the locks once your husband moves out. If it's YOUR house then yeah.|||Change them before he moves out, and give him a copy of new keys. Why do you have to ask?|||what is wrong with having him over?? think about the children...gosh woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment