Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do I get my husband to help me around the house?

He works full time and is out of the house from 8 AM to 8PM. I work only on 2 days of the week. Rest of the week I am taking classes towards my master's degree.


It is very stressful for me to come back and finish up work inside the house, clean and cook dinner. My husband does nothing. What can I get him to do for starters and how can I do that?|||well, if he's not helping you out already, you may want to talk to him. Throw in that you're working hard too, and that it would be nice if you had some help. If it turns into an argument, calm yourself, even when he isn't. Explain why it would be a fair trade because you both are working at something, and working hard. Don't make it seem like he'd be having to do ALL the work.

Maybe leave little notes like: can you preheat oven to ___ (whatever it needs to be) and vacuum the house for me? etc, etc.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

P.S. Yeah, he IS working 12 hours a day, but studying for tests in college can take over 4 hours. PLUS the classs time. PLUS the time you need to take to clean, PLUS your work time. Honestly, you have a reason to whine. Just an F.Y.I. for some people answering the question:P (:|||Stop whining.



He's working 12 hours a day and your talking classes, your classes are not for 12 hours a day.



Had you both spent equal time at work and classes, I would say you both should equally clean up the house. But since his days are longer, there is nothing wrong with doing a little bit of house cleaning until he gets home (then you both can finish up).



You people are pitiful, most of you here wouldn't know a hard days work if it kicked you in the butt.|||Simply ask him...if housework isn't important to him, then you just may have to accept you won't get any help...but asking him to assist is the place to start...sounds like you both have a full week, so caring for the home should fall on both your shoulders...|||Stop doing things around the house cook still and if he asks whynothibg has been done say sorry I've been so busy especially this week I assumed you helped out too but seeing as nothing has been done I guess you don't !?|||Your husband does nothing?? I thought you said he works full-time and is gone 8 am until 8 pm? That's far from "nothing."|||Ask nicely.|||Just Love him

No comments:

Post a Comment