Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do I get my husband to help me with the house and kids?

I am a stay at home mother of two little ones. My husband has been laid off of work for four months now. He just sleeps in until noon and then lays around on the couch all day. I can't get him to help me with any of the house chores or the kids. I've asked him to help me several times but he just gets an attitude. How can I get him motivated to help me out?|||my wife says when you figure this out to call her!|||This problem is too tough for me, it would be easier to work on world peace.|||If he doesn't want to help around the house then start doing things just for yourself and your kids. Dont do his laundry, dont cook him dinner, nothing!!! He will figure it out real quick that he needs to get off his lazy @ss|||First get him some help for his depression.|||Sounds like he is feeling depressed and useless. It might help if you try to appeal to his bruised ego, getting him to do the manly jobs because you need his muscles. Try not to nag, he's feeling kicked and beaten by life and without his job he probably doesn't think he's good enough. Maybe you could encourage him to get work, help him look for jobs online, and so on, as that may be the answer to his worries and yours.|||At least he wants to have sex with you. other women have to worry that there husband don't want to have sex with them.Be thankful for what you have.|||Well if you haven't just sat down and talked with him frankly then I would do that first. If he still gets an attitude then ask him why he's getting an attitude. If he avoids answering then ask him what you could do to help him.|||Give him a taste of his own medicine. Do not clean up after him, do not do his laundry, do not do his dishes, etc.|||Just tell him to quit being lazy and help out or else he needs to get out of your house. Simple.|||I would suggest you sit him down and talk to him. He probably doesn't feel like a man since he has lost his job and it takes some of his manhood. I would let him know that even though he lost his job you love him just the same and let him know that you believe in him, and you know no matter what you guys will get through it. He might be depressed and just explain to him that you need his help, and your children are looking up to him. Shower him with love and remind him you guys will be together through thick and thin, but you have to help one another.|||I don't have much help for you, but you're not alone. He sounds just like my boyfriend. He works but not even 40 hours a week, and I used to be a server but the restaurant where I worked closed down so now I stay at home and babysit to make money. We don't have any kids yet but we have 8 pets, and let me tell you they make just as many messes as kids and having 8 it's really hard for me to keep up with cleaning the house, taking care of the pets and babysitting. My boyfriend stays up all night until 4 or 5am and I have to get up at 7 to babysit so we barely even sleep together! And he sleeps until like 20 minutes before he has to get to work so we rarely spend any time together. When I ask him to help me out he always says he will but of course he NEVER does. Lately I've been losing all hope in our relationship. I've even told him that, and he still doesn't care or do anything about it. I spend hours each day cooking and cleaning, and I feel like I get absolutely nothing in return. We're 24 and we've been together for almost 4 years, so I don't understand why he feels the need to act like a selfish child.|||Try asking in different ways before getting pissed. Maybe something like "Hey babe can you take out the trash real quick, it's full" you know, something that wouldn't make it seem like you're nagging him. Then if he is still being a d!ck head stand up to his a$$ and tell him that if he doesn't start helping around the house while he isn't doing sh!t else, you're going to stop doing it as well.|||Tough love, tell heim he helps while not working, or he gets a job..either way he cant be slacking.OR you go get a full time job and let him do what u have been doin for him all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment