Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How would you feel if husband buys house without your name on deed?

I'm stay-home-mom, with 2kids under age 2, and i don't work. My husband just told me recently he's buying a house in CA,my name won't be on the deed, because he told me student my age don't own houses, how shall i behave? pls help, we have 13 years of age difference,i'm 22.


thanks|||California is a community property state and your husband cannot purchase real estate alone without your permission. The title company will require you to first sign a document stating that you agree that the property is "his separate property" and that you give up any future claim to that property.





You would be crazy to allow him to purchase the property without your name on it. You are over 18 years old, so it is perfectly legal for you to own real property. Sounds like your old man is try to pull a fast one.|||I would be pretty upset. I see how it's 'bad' for you to own a house. I have a friend who bought his own house at 20, so you seem fully qualified to have your name on the deed.|||Well it depends on the state but I believe in CA that the law is 50/50 if you were to get divorced. Generally the only way another spouse can be withheld from sharing the asset is if it is property brought into the marriage. Meaning if he owned a house prior to your marriage this is non divisible through divorce, you would be entitled to nothing. However, once you're married especially if you have children it is more of a 50/50. Plus you're a "stay at home mom" because he requests you to be there for you are making a sacrafice to him %26amp; if you were to get divorced this would also entitle you to spousal support.|||He is wrong here. Very wrong. If you two are married you are partners in everything. Your name should be on the deed as his wife and partner. He is trying to either set himself up to apart from you or trying to hold your youth against you. Wht is he doing buying a home without you involved to begin with? I would tell him your name either goes on the deed with his or you may to leave altogether. I would not aloow this. My husband did that to me on our first home. it bit him n the but financially. It also put me in a bad place for awhile once we lost the home. I could not make any decisions on the home in his absence. Your husband needs to consider that. And not to be nosy--but why did you mary a man 13 years older than you are? He must have done something very very right to catch your eye!|||I agree with the other answers, but I also have one of my own...We are currently trying to a house right now; I am also a stay home mom. (My husband is 4 yrs older than me.) Anyway, my name will not be on the deed. We discussed it %26amp; decided it would be best to not put my name on it; one reason being I don't work. I fully agree with this; I know my husband is not going anywhere. lol|||what is he your dad you tell him off . he probably doesn't want your name on it cause be is trying to leave you. or maybe its just a form of control. whatever it is you tell him that's not kosher and since you will be living there probably cleaning there and washing his stank underware and making him dinner you should be on the lease. and it sounds like you didn't even look at the house. this is decision you should be making together|||I bought my first two houses at 21 is he serious. I would be bent if I was givin that excuse.





Now if he had said honey your credit score would make us have a higher interest rate then I could understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment