Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do I get my husband to quit smoking cigarettes in the house?

Since the weather outside has gotten cold my husband is now smoking in the house. Yes I have ASKED him to smoke OUT side because I am 8 months pregnant and have a 2 year old and 4 year old to consider. He refuses to. The smoke travels out of the bathroom and into the hall way and our bedroom. I can't breathe properly and have explained this to him.





How can I get him to be more considerate of me And our children?





Please any tips would be great.|||Oh I may get bashed for this but so what.





Get a bottle, squirt kind, even buy a clean one from the market. Fill it with water.


Every time he lights up, if you're there, squirt him/it.





If he doesn't get the hint tell him you're going to Moms till he quits.





Cheryl|||I think you are being a little critical of a man you have vowed to love and cherish through sickness and in health. I have yet to find sufficient evidence to prove the side effects of second hand smoke, and would be very doubtful that your husband smoking in a bathroom that you are not even in would cause any adverse effects to you or your unborn child. Do your children smoke? Because if they did, it would surely be less of an annoyance to them if their father smoked.|||Ask your husband to go with you on your next doctor visit. Have the doctor explain to your husband the harmful effects of cigarette smoke on his unborn child. Then have her recommend or prescribe something to stop his smoking. If this doesn't work, I'd ask family if you and your children could stay with them until the baby is born. Hopefully, he'll take his smokes outside, cold or not cold. Millions of smoking Americans who work have to take their smoking breaks out of doors in bad winter weather. He can too.|||he has to open a window or get a air cleaner i can;t believe some one can do that and not consider other people in the house,


i would also get him stuff so he can quite smoking ,


in my house every time he lite up and i could smell it he had to put 75 cents into a kitty that money added up fast and he could see what he was doing to us


but chat with the him about how the doctors says it is bad for the kids not so much for him which it is but he has to think of the kids |||I had the same problem with my husband smoking in the car. A stubborn man will not change and he will find little ways to make you feel guilty about asking him to stop even if you both don't realize he's doing it. I would recomend never feeling guilty for asking to be healthy (especially for your baby!) and tell him to get his butt outside that second. Don't ask him, tell him. If he still refuses (which let's face it if he chose to smoke inside in the first place then your health isn't his top priority, I know mine isn't to the man I married despite what he says his actions speak way louder) But maybe compromise and stick a space heater in the garage. |||When it's children whose health is at stake, it's a stupid person who smokes around them and in the house. Not only does second hand smoke endanger them, but he should think of you and the baby you carry. I don't feel he's worth staying with, but it's up to you. He won't listen and anything you do to try and prevent the smoking won't work. He's hooked and likes it. |||I live with a chain smoker and I have asthma. He usually goes outside but he thinks it's ok to smoke in a room as long as I'm not in it. I've told him I can't stand it and he gets defensive. I've also told him I can't breathe. My Dr. even told him he is killing me. I figure if he won't stop he plain out doesn't give a *** so he must not care.|||Obviously he doesn't care about the health of his family.Does he not realize second hand smoke can kill you and your children? He needs a wake up call big time.Maybe you could let him read the answers you have gotten to your question and see if that makes him reconsider his actions.If he Truly loves his family he will stop smoking in the house.|||Call him at the dead of night, tell him you have something to discuss with him. Let him know the dangers of smoking and the effects it will have on the baby. If he is still not willing get your family doctor along with a close friend of his to speak with him on same. You can as well give him a gift of book that spoke on dangers of smoking e.g http://profitasus.calkeco.hop.clickbank.net/ . With this i am sure he will see reasons with you.|||You can't. The way to get a husband to be considerate is to marry a considerate person to begin with. You can't make the leopard change his spots. I'm not sure why people think there's some magic way to make their partners change - there simply isn't. |||Tell him that if he lights up inside again, you will take the kids and leave. In the interest of their health (not to mention your own health and that of your unborn baby), that's what you must do. If he thinks you're bluffing and smokes again despite your warning, follow through.|||smoking causes so many respiratory illnesses. Get some information on it from your doctor and tell him it isn't a choice. Either smoke outside or move out. It may seem harsh to you but he is hurting you and the kids. |||You should have figured something like this would happen when you married him. Now you are stuck. Did you think he would change habits because he married you? Think again.


I grew up in a smokers home, and my sister and I grew up healthy normal kids. So don't freak out over nothing. |||When our kids were young and kept getting colds and ear infections the doctor asked me, do you smoke? I didn't but my husband did. As soon as I told him what the doctor said, he quit cold turkey. It's been like 25 years now.|||You take his money and all his cigarettes and throw the smokes in the trash and keep the money|||Tell him that just how he is slowly killing you with his cigarette smoke, you will slowly kill him by poisoning his food. Hey if he cannot respect your health and your life, why should you his?|||Tell him how trashy it is and tell him to smoke next out an open window or a cracked door.|||Your husband is being very selfish and immature about this. He seems to think the world revolves around him and he is wrong in thinking this way. I don't know where you live so I don't know how cold it gets where you are.





I am a smoker, for 35 yrs now. For years and years we smoked inside the house. My kids and grandkids were always sick with colds, strep throat, ear infections. Doctor told me our smoking indoors is the cause of them being sick. Well back then I didn't believe it. SO it wasn't until last 2 yrs ago we had to rent a temporary house while ours was getting completed. Well we couldn't smoke indoors. I WAS amazed at how the grandkids QUIT being sick all the time!! No more colds, ear infections, strep, etc. If I hadn't witnessed it first hand, I would of never believed it.





NOW we SMOKE outside .. and suffer the heat and the cold (30's is usually as cold as it gets here in Florida). We wear our warm jackets and have a blanket in the chair to cover our legs with. To keep the kids healthy that is the LEAST we can do!! Be a little inconvenienced. This year I bought a little space heater to put near our feet. If I had a way to plastic the screen lania, I would, but I can't. I was even considering putting up our tent with a heater inside it to stay warm (wind gets wicked down here).





If he absolutely refuses to smoke outdoors is there a way you can afford one of those air room filtrations things?? Assign him one room to smoke in with one of those machines in there. He will also need to open a window too while smoking.





IF he cares anything at all for you and your children's health he will cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment