Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you clean a house focusing on my husband's allergies?

My husband has really bad allergies and they have been acting up in our new house. Cleaning has not helped at all. I didn't know if there were certain chemicals I could use to help relieve my husband with his annoying allergies. Any advice?|||~~*~~ I have this problem too. I make sure to clean when he is not home. I also make sure to use Carpet Fresh's Pet Dander and Allergen Reducer floor powder before I sweep. After that, I use Frebrez Allergen Reducer Spray. I spray the furniture and the carpet. So many things stick in your carpeting that irritate allergies. After I'm done sweeping the whole house, I damp dust everything. That way, all the dust, dander, pollen and allergens are trapped and thrown out. Also make sure that your sweeper's filters are replaced regularly. Also, try to make checking your furnace and a/c's air filters a part of your monthly cleaning routine. If this does not help, I recommend having a professional in to inspect your air ducts. You'd be amazed at what you can find in some new houses' air ducts. What gets trapped in there can be a huge contributor to any allergy troubles. Companies like Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaners offer a duct cleaning service. Try to give about a hour for things to settle before your husband comes home again. I hope this helps. It's helped my husband a lot!! Have a good day!


P.S Also, clean your carpets. Construction dust gets trapped in carpets very frequently!|||chemicals could be the cause. how about carpet? did you get new carpet? I've slowly started getting rid of ours its helped.|||Your husband may have developed chemical sensitivity. We are bombarded by chemicals in our water, air, cleaners, food etc. I have a 20-month old son and I am very concerned about what he is surrounded with and try to minimize exposure. I have found a web-site www.ecos.com where you can buy household cleaners made without chemicals. I tested them and they work great.


Also, getting detoxified has been shown to relieve chemical sensitivity and in many cases reduce allergies from food and air-born.|||i have allergies too. the things that set them off: carpet- especially in damp basements or brand new. plug ins, perfume, aerosol freshners, cats, carpet fresh, scented candles dust and pollen. any of that around? it sounds like a lot- but i just dust and wipe down all furniture with a damp cloth or oiled cloth on wood. i keep the windows closed on high pollen days and wash my hair after being out on high pollen days. i couldnt figure out why i kept getting sick at my moms house until i found the plug in behind her couch. people think its just a small thing, but i have ended up in the hospital from exposure to pollen, perfume, plug ins and even hair dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment