Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How do you share house chores between you and your husband/wife?

How do you share house chores between you and your husband/wife, if both of you work foul time?


Please say in % of time roughly, in house chores like cooking, dish washing, ironing, mopping, laundry, dusting, car maintenance, gardening etc.|||Im the wife....We both work full time, so we share chores often. I dont like him doing the dishes or laundry tho cuz he isnt good at it. But here's a break down:


Dishes: I do 90%


Laundry: I do 80%


Vacuuming: He does 80%


Pick up: 50/50


Mopping: I do 100%


Tub: I do 100%


Kids' homework: He does 95%


Cooking: 50/50


Kids baths: 50/50


Car washes: He does 95%


Lawn care: 50/50


Errands: I do 70%


We are pretty fair bout chores n responsibilities. When I wasnt working, i did all the cleaning n cooking myself!|||Thanx!

Report Abuse


|||With my husband and I, we both like the house clean, we both work full time, and we both don't mind doing stuff. Basically, if something needs to be done, whichever one of us is there will do it. It has settled into a pattern pretty much of me cooking and doing laundry and keeping things generally tidy, and he washes the dishes and does a lot of the other real cleaning that I can't do as much because I have herniated discs in my neck, like vacuuming.|||How do you share house chores between you and your husband/wife, if both of you work foul time?


-We both work full time, though I am sure some days the hours qualify as being foul. We split them basically down the middle because we both work more than 45 hours a week.








cooking,- I do most of. Because I like to.


dish washing,- I do all the time


ironing, -He is the only one who irons


mopping, - We split this one, whomever happens to be cleaning a room that needs mopping does it.


laundry, - He does 100%


dusting, - Again, whomever is cleaning that room does it.


car maintenance, - He does


gardening – I do, because I like to. My garden is a hobby of mine, we have 7 acres and fruit trees/veggies. No lawn to mow though.





The rest of the chores- We split. As in “I’ll clean up the kitchen, you do the living/dining rooms”. Plus our son has chores.|||I like my house being the way I want it to be. Because of this I do more chores, the split is about 70/30.



My husband focuses on entertaining my daughter/his stepdaughter and making sure she does not mess the house up behind me while I am in full blown house cleaning or cooking mode.



My husband does the dishes (we have a dishwasher) cleans the living room, takes out garbage, cuts the grass and weed-eats except around my flower gardens which I tend myself. He also helps me for an hour or two with deep-cleaning on the weekend.|||Well, 50/50





Basically, she does all the indoors stiff and I do all the outdoor stuff. With only a little cross over.





Cooking-she does 55% of the cooking. I can't cook, but do cook outs, salad nights, or sandwich nights. Also my 'half' of the cooking is eating out as I find the deals and coupons to do so.





Dishes-we wash what we use, mostly. I only ever use three dishes(one cup, plate and bowl) and they are washed a second or so after I use them. She washes all the dishes she used to cook.





Iron-I do my own she does her own





mopping-as in indoor task, she does this one 100%





laundry-her task 100%





dusting-her task 100%





car maintenance-me 100%





Gardening-It's her hobby so she does it, but I do the lawn/outdoor maintenance|||I am much more of a neat freak than my partner, so I do more of the house cleaning (dishes, laundry, dusting, vacuuming) but he cleans the bathrooms, takes out the garbage and handles the cats' litter box. He's not really lazy or anything, I am just more obsessive about it so I willingly do more because I like my living space to always look a certain way.|||work FOUL time? why do u need to work foul time? lol.


anywho i clean 100% he cooks 90% (i cook sometimes too). we have dish washing and washing machine so come on, dude, how effing hard to punch a button? i do not count dish washing or laundry. we have NEW cars, so they do not need maintenance. if they ever would need any we would give them to a shop where it would be fixed by professionals. children do ironing and i do gardening during weekends. we both work FULL time and attend gym after work i every day and he almost every day.|||I say we are about 60/40 with me doing just a bit more...





He cooks, I do dishes...


He washed/drys clothes, I fold/hang and put away...


He vacuums, I wash floors...





I tend to do more of the picking up and putting away as he works more than I do. I make sure the vehicles get maintained and the yard taken care of.|||i cook and do the dishes and laundry and mop the floor and vacuum she is lazy and i work and she dont messed up situation|||i tend to do everything inside, but if i ask for help, he doesn't complain. we pay someone to do the yard.|||It's 50/50 with my wife and I .. I spend 50% of the time getting it dirty, and she spends 50% of the time cleaning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment