Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Can I legally kick my husband out of my house?

if my husband isn't paying me any money for any bills and the house is in my name can I legally kick him out in minnesota? do I have to give him notice?|||you could kick him out without notice if its in your name,


but if hes been paying for the house and stuff,


i think you need to give him fair notice.|||NO, you cannot not. Whether or not his name is on the deed is irrelevant. If he has resided there for more than 30 days, it's now considered his legal residence and you cannot remove him from the home. You'd have to legally remove him through the courts, but that, I think, would be a waste of money. Keep track of ALL bills YOU are paying (make check copies!!), so when you divorce him (as it sounds that you are planning to do), you can go after him for that money at the divorce hearing!|||better to inform him first, and are you sure that is a good enough reason to do so? Talk to him first about his responsibility of paying the bills, if he doesn't, kick him out of the house then? Also, check if its allowed.|||I think that if you're married, it's conjugal property, legally. So i think whether he gives you money or not he is entitled to half of the property. Why don't you just give him notice as respect to him as well.|||Well you are married to him so unless u have a court order, he has the right to be in the house weather it's in your name or not.|||See what your laws are. Every state the laws are different but where I live as long as the person's receiving mail at my residence. . . legally I can't kick them out. Good Luck!|||Kick him out! It's a domestic dispute and they don't need any notice. Be strong though and stick to it.|||just change the locks the next time he leaves the house... and dump his stuff in the street...|||if he is not contributing yes but see further advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment