Friday, December 2, 2011

What should my husband and I claim on our NY W4 we own a house and are expecting a baby this year?

Right now my husband and I both claim single zero and we have a lot of taxes taken out of our paycheck. I was thinking of switching to married 1 since I am expecting a baby this year and we just bought a house the end of last year. My husband was thinking of switching to married 0 but we don't want to end up owing money next year. Any help would be greatly appreciated|||The house will really reduce your taxes with interest being deductible, as well as property taxes.





Since you are both working, I think one should take the Married Zero and the other claim Married 1.|||If you do "1" then you will be fine and most likely will still get money back. If you do "0" you will get much more back of course. You file a "2" and have a house and a child you will most likely break even.|||I say leave it as is. If you claim only yourself, you have more taken out of your check. This will ensure that you have enough taken out and will possibly get more of a refund next year because you will be able to claim the child on your taxes.





The number of people you claim on your w4 can be what ever you want it to be, but keep in mind the lower the number of dependents you claim increases the tax taken out of your check.





**While the number of people you claim on your W4 can be whatever you want, the number of people you claim on your taxes must be actual people you can claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment