Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I straighten this out? My ex-husband died with the house still in my name.?

My ex-husband and I were divorced in 2000 and he was awarded the house. He never refinanced the home and my name is still on the deed. Now he has died. I know for a fact that the mortgage company does not recognize the divorce decree. What happens to a home when someone dies? I am thinking that the mortgage is still due unless he had a credit life policy which I don't think he did.|||If the house is in your name, then you have to pay the mortgage.|||It goes to you unless he remarried.|||Call the mortgage co. !|||if it is in your name, you are responsible, unless you can get your lawyer to do something about it.|||Who awarded him the house?I suggest you go to person who awarded him the house at time of your divorce .You say the mortgage company doesn't recognize the decree.Meaning it is not stated in the decree?You need to get a lawyer or go to the one who did divorce|||tweety,


banks do not care about a divorce,when someone signs to mortgage a house,the bank does not care about your life changes,you are still responsible for the loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment