Friday, December 2, 2011

Should I ask my husband to add my name to the new house title?

I recently got married. My husband is going to buy a house. He is paying the down payment and will be paying mortgage. He has high income (double of my income). I work full time and help pay for things for home and foods.





We live in California.





Should I ask him to add my name to the new house title? What are the pros and cons of having my name on the house title?





If my name is NOT on the house title and if he dies suddenly, will I get the house?|||Demand it.|||Optional. Check the statute of your state. In my country, any home bought post marital is 50/50 between husband and wife regardless of who pays for it. So, it doesn't matter whether the name goes in there or not.





Key is getting a will written more than anything else. The will can cover everything from his insurance, cash holdings, stocks and shares to the house, and I think it is a better method as situations can change all the time with anyone financially. And it's very troublesome in the other areas in case of sudden death or illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment