Friday, December 2, 2011

First Christmas in new house with husband, where should we look for nice christmas ornaments?

We both like traditional looking ornaments and decoration.|||As do I. I have a bunch I got from family that was helpful. Otherwise, I'd stick with making them. If you have a micheals craft store near you I'd go there. If you're not crafty at all, they have really basic stuff. There are wooden ornaments you colour with a marker, they have clear balls and rub-ons for them, really gorgeous ones, like snowy cottage, nativity scene, stuff like that. if you have some creative ability check out their website before. Search Christmas there are TONS of ideas there. I personally see things there that give me a million ideas|||if your crafty make them, ask your parents for some left-overs, garage sales, antique shops.|||"Traditional" is open to interpretation, from hand-blown glass figures to simple glass balls, to country-ish frilly fabric adornments.





As Christmas gets closer, visit all the stores around you. I've found attractive and good quality ornaments at Costco, Target, WalMart, KMart, craft stores, and specialty Christmas shops. Christopher Radko is one high-end glass figure maker you might enjoy.|||Do you have a Hallmarks in your area? They have the prettiest ornaments, I always shop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment