Friday, December 2, 2011

Should I ask my husband to add my name to the new house title?

I recently got married. My husband is going to buy a house. He is paying the down payment and will be paying mortgage. He has high income (double of my income). I work full time and help pay for things for home and foods.





We live in California.





Should I ask him to add my name to the new house title? What are the pros and cons of having my name on the house title?





If my name is NOT on the house title and if he dies suddenly, will I get the house?|||not sure about usa but generally speaking I would imagine it is in both of your best interests to have both names on the title. If he does depart suddenly I think it would make the legalities much simpler for you.|||Why would you even ask this question?


WHY would you want to be married to a jackass whom you have to ASK for such a thing?|||ya u can add your name to the new house title.but i am confuse u love your husband or not. don't worry after the death of husband every thing goes to his wife.|||wow. You just got married and you already have these problems. Why did you rush into marriage. It was only 4 months ago (after dating for only 2 months) that you asked, does he still "like" me.





Something is going on. After only 6 months, he has stopped taking an interest in you and maybe even stopped finding the sex interesting. If I was to guess, he will NOT put your name on the deed. In fact, I'm thinking he is gay . . . .|||CA is a community property state, so you will legally own 50% of the house either way (unless you have a prenup that would exclude it). So maybe you tell him this and tell him it would make you more comfortable if you were on the title. If find it odd he wouldn't just include you right from the start. Not a great sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment